Forgotten content in WoW.

Over the weekend my shaman hit 55 in WoW after finishing up some quests in the Plaguelands, and I noticed just how much of that content is now wasted. Due to the fact that level 58+ greens in Outland are better than 60+ blues in the old world, chasing after select items in the old world once TBC content is within reach seems silly and pointless. Stuff like gathering Argent Dawn tokens to turn in for items, or collection the blue 8 piece armor set from Strath/Scholo/BRS and then upgrading it.

Now granted I accept that as new content is released, it will slowly replace the old stuff, but the amount of detail and effort that went into creating all that content is now lost simply due to overpowered BoE Outland stuff. Why not rebalance the old world 60 instances as an alternative to being forced into Hellfire Peninsula? Instead of grinding quests to 70, why not allow people to grind all those instances and gear up that way, taking those items and having them be viable in Outlands instances. Now you have a full 55-70 path that can be fully completed, if the player wishes, in a group instance environment. The content is already there, you just have to up the stats on the drops and increase a level or two on the mobs, and hello usable viable content.

Places like BRS/Strath/Scholo/DM should be required content pre-outlands, just based on the quality and history of those places alone. Sadly history has little meaning in e-sports, right Bliz?

6 Responses to Forgotten content in WoW.

1. Talyn says:

Uh… “levels suck?”

Yeah, I know… I say that all the time, but you have to admit, you handed me that one on a silver platter with this post…

2. Jezebeau says:

Not for the thinking gamer. I did as many of the late Azeroth quests as I could stomach before moving on, because every bit of XP I get there brings me closer to 70, and the more quests I have left undone at 70, the more XP I get converted into gold when I do the quests later.

3. Slipstream says:

I’m currently leveling my 53 draenai priest in the Plaguelands. I plan to do most, if not all of the quests, as I had a lot of fun with them on my main 2.5 years ago. I do it more for the lore than anything. The Redemption/In Dreams quest line for the Alliance side is one of the best in the game, by far. Awesome xp, and a great story that has direct repercussions on Wrath of the Lich King.

4. syncaine says:

I think my favorite is either the Strath chain that starts with Balnazar, or the Lich quest in Scholo. It’s all great stuff, and far more interesting (imo) than anything in silithus.

5. Oakstout says:

I just started Leveling up my Pally, who is currently 36, and found a bunch of new quests out in Duskwallow Marsh. They added a bunch of new interesting content that actually makes adventuring there a lot more fun that just running over to kill turtles on the beach.

There is a new Defias Quest line over there thats lots of fun, especially the Defias Divers, which are just cool to look at.

6. Brad says:

I absolutely couldn’t agree more with this post.

My dranei mage just hit 63 and I noticed the 57 and 58 stuff on the AH just before those levels. I had plenty of money (non gear dependent class + 2 gathering professions = money) so I grabbed them ASAP. Before I knew it, the lure of superior gear sucked me into Outland where I’ve just hit 63.

Never done Scholo, Strat, UBRS, LBRS, BRD, etc… I have done them on other characters and really enjoyed them – hell, I’d *love* to do them again because instances are fun, but theres nobody who ever even wants to run through them. I’d do them anyway, with the shitty gear… but if there was a real incentive, then it would balance out the game a bit.