Warhammer Online Collectors Edition, woot!

I ordered the Warhammer Online collectors edition on Sunday. This might not be such a big deal on its own, but the CE has been sold out online for quite some time now, and only recently was it made available again at the EA Store.

Why I held off for so long on pre-ordering I’m not really sure. I’m a sucker for CE’s, as I really like flipping through all the artwork and extras; it makes getting a new game that much better. It’s not cost effective, but everyone has their vice, right?

Now I’m in wait mode to get my pre-order codes by email. Internet rumor has it the codes are sent out once a week, so I’m not too worried yet. Can’t wait for a beta account though, as I really want to nail down what I’m going to play when the game goes live. Currently my pick is a warrior priest, as the class just sounds really cool and I love the visual of a two handed hammer crushing skulls. But without actually playing the game, I can’t say for sure.

September 23rd can’t come soon enough!

6 Responses to Warhammer Online Collectors Edition, woot!

1. Gompers says:

You almost waited too long! Welcome to the boat. :D

2. JoBildo says:

Took you long enough, mate. :)

Order FTW. I’ll be going White Lion, most definitely. We’ll (you, me, Hudson, Rick of /random, Heartless_) all need to pick the same server.

OB can’t be too far now. I expect by mid August we’ll be playing.

3. syncaine says:

Yea I was going to make a post closer to release that everyone who blogs needs to be on the same server, if nothing else we can blog about killing each other.

I figure once an official server list is released, we can do the usual pre-release ritual (bad name, not first/last, etc) and pick something.

The White Lion is certainly interesting. One thing I hated about the Hunter in WoW was the need for ammo, and being ranged. If the White Lion is basically a melee hunter, which from all accounts sounds rather accurate, I’ll have to seriously consider one.

4. br3ntbr0 says:

I just got into closed beta a few days ago. All I’ll say about it is that I was going to get WoW’s Wrath of the Lich King expansion when it came out…now I’m not. Draw what conclusions from that statement that you like. I have a feeling you are not going to regret your CE purchase :)

5. Graktar says:

Welcome to the wait. Holding off until (virtually) the last minute was probably good for your sanity. I pre-ordered way back in March (or whenever they were first available) and the WAIT is driving me crazy. Give me beta!!

6. Anonymous says:

dont even think about holding your breath, i Have a pre order headstart key .. same crap .. your account cannot be authenticated.. they totaly messed it up AGAIN