Eador: True multiplayer has finally arrived!

Almost a year ago I wrote about Eador: Masters of the Broken World, praising the game overall but noting the lack of full multiplayer. Well a year later that critical option has finally been added, and I’m pretty excited to give it a go with a buddy.

Baring the whole thing falling on its face due to technical issues, I think it’s pretty cool and praise-worthy that a developer would make such a significant addition to a game, for free, so long after release. If you haven’t picked the game up yet, and enjoy deep turn-based fantasy strategy titles, this is a game you should absolutely own.

#Eador

This entry was posted in Eador. Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to Eador: True multiplayer has finally arrived!

1. Jenks says:

I picked this up on your recommendation (HOMM 3 is one of my all time favorites). I haven’t put much time into it yet but I enjoyed the time I did spend. It’s enshrined as my steam profile background.

2. Rynnik says:

For me Age of Wonders III was the superior game in every respect. May crack open Eador again though just for the multiplayer.

Wait you think AoW3 is better than Eador? Interesting, I’ve read that AoW3 is pretty shallow once you learn the basics, and that the AI is not great.

• Rynnik says:

Well I haven’t put it right through its paces as DF has been monopolizing most of my gaming time, but based on a few scenario maps and a push through the ‘starter’ campaign (but fuck elves lol), I think it is better than Eador or Homm.

My main problem with Eador is that the pacing doesn’t work for me at all and I win ever shard feeling irritated about it.

Yea pacing in Eador is indeed slow. Amazingly the first Eador was much, much slower.

• Rynnik says:

It isn’t so much the ‘slow’ for me. It is the imbalance. You could literally spend days doing stuff when you can reach the win condition in 15 min.

I still haven’t cleared out a dragon or completed a quest. Everyone is vanquished WAY before that point.

3. Matt says:

The three dollars I spent on Eador: Genesis are probably the best value for my money that I’ve ever gotten. I don’t know how many hours exactly I’ve put in, but it’s a lot.

The main problem is the repetitiveness, especially the first 10 or so turns, but even later I hit a point where I just want to auto-resolve everything.