Guild Wars to the rescue!

Thanks to this sale of the Guild Wars Trilogy on Amazon (Thanks Massively), that is going to be the title Aria and I play for now. We had a good time with the trial (though in a very limited fashion), and more than enough people who I trust have talked it up to give it a real spin.

I’m using super-slowmo shipping from Amazon, and we are off on vacation all next week anyway, so the GW-related posting won’t happen until we get back. I am excited though to play the full game once we return, hopefully we both get into it.

This entry was posted in Guild Wars, Site update. Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to Guild Wars to the rescue!

1. mbp says:

Now the arguments start over which chapter to do first. I vote Prophecies.

2. Maladorn says:

Indeed, for story do Prophecies first. Then Nightfall, then Eye of the North, and only if you still need content should you concern yourself with Factions. Hate those Canthan cities.

3. Bhagpuss says:

I’ve never been able to get my old GW account working and neither has Mrs Bhagpuss. We played the original from launch and loved it for about two months, after which we felt we’d seen as much of it as we wanted.

Several times since we’ve felt like having another go, but despite password resets etc we just haven’t been able to get in. Maybe we should just buy the 4-pack and start over.

Not sure it really addresses your original proposition of finding an MMORPG to play together, though. GWs is a co-op RPG isn’t it?

• Anti-Stupidity League says:

Almost every diku (and diku = mmo, as Blizzard has dictated) these days is a co-op (who am I kidding, I should just say solo) buttonsmash, with multiplayer very optional. You’re very lucky to see any “massively” multiplayer content in diku games, massively multiplayer games pretty much need a sandbox environment to work properly.

Which is cool, co-op games can be really fun (co-op sandbox games can be seriously fun as anyone who has played co-op Saints Row 2 can tell). So if you’re looking for something more casual than a pvp sandbox game, you can just basically choose any multiplayer co-op game, “mmo” or “just a regular multiplayer” and your game experience is pretty much the same.

Like, say, instanced content for example. I just don’t get it. “I want to play a multiplayer game – and not just any multiplayer game – I want to play a multiplayer game with thousands and thousands of people playing in the same game world with me: I want to play a massively multiplayer game — But I really hate these other players, they’re just ruining my game, I want to play this massively game in my own private instance so I don’t have to care about anything these other people do in *my* game.” What the fracking hell.

4. kaozz says:

Guild Wars is a great game, you can pick it up anytime and not have to worry about the sub. I need to log in more often heh. Hope you guys have fun!

5. Hunter says:

I played guild wars for a long time and it clearly has its flaws. It’s just a matter of being able to look past them or not.