Metal Gear Batman: Arkham Asylum

Batman: Arkham Asylum’s developer would make Blizzard jealous of their copy/paste skills. Dear god is this game Metal Gear Solid with Batman replacing Solid Snake.

(It’s still a fun enough game mind you, but each new room/area just scream ‘remember me on the PlayStation?’ while I’m playing. I’m fully expecting a Psycho Mantis-like moment at some point.)

This entry was posted in Random, Rant. Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to Metal Gear Batman: Arkham Asylum

1. JoBildo says:

Except much easier… and Solid Snake sucks compared to Batman.

• syncaine says:

I’m only 3-4 hours into it, but with the combat being closer to The Witcher than MGS, that aspect of it has certainly been brain-dead easy so far. I mean as long as you are clicking, is it even possible NOT to win a fight vs the regular yard trash?

• JoBildo says:

Not really possible, nope. It gets a little more complicated later. Guys with knives, cattle-prods, etc. If the combat didn’t feel so good, I’d complain. But it’s really satisfying to watch and perform. The most fun I have though is when all the baddies have guns and I have to go classic-Batman on them and hunt them from the rafters one at a time.

2. Scrung says:

Careful he’ll read your memory cards.

“Sooo you like Azure Dreams??” (does anyone even remember that awesome game?)

• syncaine says:

That part in MGS is still one of my favorite gaming moments of all time, just amazing stuff the first time it happens to you. I don’t remember what Konami games I had on my memory card at the time, but I had a few. Not to mention that guy was a tough bastard to beat too.

• Slurms says:

I had Castlevania: Symphony of the Night in mine

3. Adam says:

I’m enjoying Arkham.. but it’s so trivially easy it’s almost not a game but an extended cutscene.

If I get to be Batman for a few hours… I’m okay with that.

Love the Joker heckling his own men as you take them out one by one…great stuff.

4. Batman would destroy Solid Snake.

• Wyrm says:

ah! no he wouldn’t! solid fights giant mechas, you know, giant mechas!!!!

• Adam says:

“We could have changed the world…now…look at us…I’ve become a political liability…and…you…you’re a joke. I want you to remember, Clark…in all the years to come…in your most private moments…I want you to remember…my hand…at your throat…I want…you to remember…the one man who beat you.”

giant mecha? psssssh

5. Explain this one, I love Batman: AA and hate MGS. I know. Weird.

6. Bonedead says:

What was that noise?

7. poopybum says:

Meh, played it on hardmode and it was pretty good. Never played a MGS though so wouldn’t know if they copy/pasted.

Anyway, the combat system is extremely well done and so is the stealth. But I don’t think the game has much replay-ability, Joker levels are pretty nice change (Joker should be able to kill more easily though, Batman wasting time beating people up to make them black-out is one thing but Joker should be able to stab and kill in combat) but the DLC and everything a part from the main storyline seems like it is repeating itself for the sake of achievements and crap.