Dues Ex: HR 75% off, worth it?

Not that I’ll have time to play it now, but is DE:HR worth picking up for $7.50 today to play at a later date? Note that I enjoyed Fallout 3 (have Vegas but have yet to play it), so I’m leaning towards yes, but figured I’d ask while also drawing attention to the sale.

This entry was posted in Random. Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to Dues Ex: HR 75% off, worth it?

1. silvertemplar says:

Yes, definitely. It was worth it at full price. Brilliant game. However i wouldn’t compare it with Fallout to be honest, it’s a lot more like the original Deus Ex :)

2. Anonymous says:

ABSOLUTELY. Best single player game I’ve played all year.

3. thade says:

Yes, it’s good. I feel it’s stood the test of time. I actually didn’t play it until just recently (it was on Steam sale last year, maybe at Xmas time…when I picked it up).

4. turnbullr says:

It’s also getting really cheap for consoles. Down to $19.99 for PS3 and 360 and I have seen it even cheaper on Passwird.com some days. I think it’s a good deal at $7.50 from Steam, plus all the DLC is on sale.

5. Paragus says:

Fallout New Vegas in my opinion was way better than Fallout 3. You should play if you get the time.

6. Anonymous says:

DE:HR is worth it.

Vegas however is an amazing game. While it builds up slowly, eventually it topped any recent RPG for me.

7. I’m also in the “Dear god please get it while you can” camp. Has a couple flaws, but definitely worth it.

8. coppertopper says:

For $7.50 its a steal. Felt kind of corridor-y, but the combat and gameplay options offer different ways to wind your way thru it, so you can definately get your moneys worth out of it.

9. Chris K. says:

It was worth it for the full price.

10. Derrick says:

Yeah, it has it’s flaws and the ending is very Multiple Choice, but it’s a great game regardless. Not really in the same ballpark as Fallout, though, it’s got a more directed story even though it’s still very open. Not better or worse than Fallout, just different. Very worth playing.

At 7.50 it’s a steal.

11. Mbp says:

I say yes. I enjoyed the game a lot. It felt like a true successor to the original with lots of freedom to play the game the way you want. It actually feels a bit old fashioned with a slower pace than most modern games.

If you do go for it. I strongly advise not trying to min max your character. You can easily suck all the fun out of the game that way and apart from a few boss fights it isn’t very hard. My enjoyment of the game went up considerably once I decided to choose upgrades based on what sort of character I want to play rather than what is the strongest option according to the internet.

12. Walker says:

Since everyone advises to buy it, DON’T it’s not worth it!
    Just kidding of course, I played the game through 4 times. Although a full pacifist run is not possible with the bosses unfortunately :(

13. Drew says:

Absolutely worth it; fantastic game.