Time to move on, sorry EQ2, but I just don’t get it.

I think my days in EQ2 are quickly coming to an end. As much as I wanted to force myself to get a character to at least level 30 in order to give it a ‘fair shot’, I don’t think I’m going to make it. Simply put, I never feel the desire to log into EQ2. I would much rather log into EVE, Mythos, play NWN2, hell even mess around with Civ4 or Puzzle Quest before I would actually pick to log into EQ2. It’s just simply not that fun for me.

I’ve made more than enough posts about the graphics of EQ2, so I’ll go beyond that here. Never has a MMO felt more like ‘whack a mole’ to me than EQ2. Either it’s the slow combat, the game’s preference for you to fight one mob at a time, or just the somewhat formula-like combat, it never feels epic or fun. And before everyone points out it gets more epic at level x, should the game not pull you in from the start? Why should you have to go through x hours of poor gameplay to get to the ‘good stuff’? And what’s to say the fabled ‘good stuff’ is even there, maybe it’s just like the level 20 content, with a few more icons in your hotbar?

Part of every EQ2 defense I read about is how much the game has improved since launch, how it’s so much more user friendly now, how so many features are streamlined and more intuitive now. I’m sure that’s true, but to me, the game is still not near the level that WoW or even LoTRO have reached. For example, each level up you get new skills/spells automatically, which seems nice at first, and they get added to your hot bar when you ding, unless of course your hotbar is full, then all you get is a quick note near the top of the screen and it goes into your skill book, which itself has a rather poor interface. Add in that the icons for spells are rather awful, and finding your new toys becomes a tedious exercise of flipping through your spell book. At least in WoW, when you went to buy skills you knew exactly what you were getting ahead of time, allowing you to judge right away if a skill is useful or not to you. EQ2 just assumes you want everything by placing it in your hotbar. It’s not exactly game breaking, but it’s an example of one of the small things EQ2 does that adds up to the frustration of playing it. Leveling up should be a good thing, not something that causes you to pause whatever you are doing and shuffle through a spell book, or rearrange your hot bar because the game just placed some useless spells for you.

EQ2 also has one of the least immersive worlds in any MMO I have played, and it goes beyond the fact that everything is zoned. The zoning is bad enough, but what makes this even worse is that each zone is a huge change in style from the other, with no smooth transition. A dark forest becomes a savanna instantly, and when you first load up the new zone, it’s downright shocking. I makes traveling feel like jumping from one portal to the next, each one dumping you off in a new world, completely unrelated to the one before it. Usually I would overlook something like this, as I never put much stock in immersion before, but when it’s so blatant, it really does detract from the experience. At no point did EQ2 pull me in and make me care about what’s happening outside of the immediate area of the quest giver. The problems that plague one quest hub are completely unrelated to the next hub, and you are left to jump from one to the other without any transition or care. LoTRO does a great job with this, with its book quests and overall feel that the entire world is at war. Even WoW connects each area with a few quests, and gives you the impression that NPC’s are aware that they are not the only ones in the world, and that they know about town x or troubled spot y. EQ2 reminds me of the old console games where you would beat a level, and the next one would be set in a completely different setting. Back then going from an inner city level to the jungle and then to outer space seemed fine, but in EQ2 it just feels wrong.

There are other things that don’t feel right about EQ2 to me as well, but it just all adds up to a gaming experience that is not fun, at least for me. Clearly enough people play EQ2 to keep it going, and it works for them. I must say that I am disappointed however; as I went into EQ2 with a lot of expectations based on all the praise it has received, particularly from the blogging community. All of the factors that people pointed out as being highlights I don’t really see, and they seem to somehow be able to overlook all the things I had issue with. Odd really, but I guess it’s a good example of how different gamer’s tastes can be.

This entry was posted in Combat Systems, Console Gaming, EQ2, Lord of the Rings Online, MMO design, World of Warcraft. Bookmark the permalink.

24 Responses to Time to move on, sorry EQ2, but I just don’t get it.

1. LadyPao says:

I did the 7-or-10 day trial (depending on which server page I got routed onto-never did figure that one out) and it didn’t grab me either, and this from a former WoW hardcore addict. While I found the mix of classes to be intriguing, and the mounts were cool, it just felt like an overwhelming mass of imminent grinding ahead. I couldn’t buy anything on the AH (and having to find someone’s house/broker to buy something?? wtf? talk about a time sink), couldn’t use the mail, so no one could mail me their cast offs to try, and finding that any low level armor is way overpriced because of vanity/fashion slots introduced to the game…well, it all just made the barrier to entry, for me, just too high, and not much fun. Then again, I may be just burned out on the whole MMO/Elves deal.
    On the other hand, the Antonia Bayle server community seemed wonderful, and was almost enough to suck me in. Very much like the LoTRO community, for the most part, mature and helpful.
    But no, not a place I want to spend the next 2 years of my free-time.
    LadyPao

2. Vin says:

Quoted – “Either it’s the slow combat, the game’s preference for you to fight one mob at a time, or just the somewhat formula-like combat, it never fells epic or fun”

The combat is designed very similar to WoW or LoTRO. All 3 games include weapons with defined delays and spells with preset recast timers. There are very little differences. Melee class’s auto attack and use combat abilities as often as they can. Casters stand at range and fire spells as often as they can. Very rarely early game, mid game or end game do I remember fighting less than 3-4 mobs at a time. With a decent tank and healers just grouping for exp we pull groups of mobs at a time, sometimes upwards to 10-12. Did you forget to group with 5 other people during your 20 levels of game play? Unfortunately you failed to explain your description of, “Formula-like combat” so I am unable to remark at all. And last but not least, your desire to have epic fights at level 20. Most people that have played an MMO for any length of time seem to understand that you will not see “epic” level fights until later in the game. They understand that they will not see a large scale raid until they are much farther involved in the game. This is no different from EQ, EQII, Vanguard or WoW. I don’t believe LoTRO has epic level content. If you are playing Dungeons and Dragons Online and your max level is achieved in 2 weeks, sure I would expect epic level fights early on, frankly because the game has nothing else to offer to its play base. If you came with the expectations to play an MMO and get epic level fights before you hit level 20, you should stick to your Puzzle Quest game.

Your unfamiliarity with the UI of the game after 20 levels is appalling. You are complaining about having your new spells at each level automatically populate your casting bar for you to use. Since most players are well aware, even at low levels, that they continue to receive new abilities from let’s say level 1 to 2, or 10-11. (This happened for you 19 times I might add) Once your first bar is filled or perhaps even close to full, the common sense thing to do would be to create a new spell bar so that you have 2. It is exactly the same way in WoW.

At level 20 I don’t believe you would have any understanding of the game and how zones relate to the next. You fail to give examples of which zones are next to each other but are totally unrelated. If you started in Freeport the farthest that you would have gone would be the Sunken City, Commonlands, or Wailing Caves. From Qeynos you have been able to visit Antonica and Stronghold. These zones ARE totally unrelated, two of them are cities, two of them are wipe open plains Antonica and the Commonlands and two of them are dungeons. This all sounds vaguely familiar to Ogimmar and Ragefire Cavers, Stormhold and the Stockades, or even The Deadmines. Zoning in WoW?! The sky must be falling.
    WoW is indeed a good game. They did a good job with its questing. From each area of the game, you can complete quests that will ultimately force you to move onto a new location. But read between the lines. They didn’t do this to amerce you into the feel of war around the world. They did this to make the game easy to find out where a player needed to go next to continue his quest/level grinding. All of this again without your “epic” battles along the way.

Everquest II has come a long way since its release two years ago. The changes that have been made to the game have allowed thousands of people the ability to enjoy the time they have in its world. Both Everquest II players and WoW players will hopefully continue to enjoy the games they play. But others should stick to Civ4 and Puzzle Quest.

Vin

3. tipa says:

Having played EQ1, EQ2, WoW, and DAoC, I can admit to finding almost no difference between the general function of a group, EQ1 made the template, and every game follows it.

It’s fine not to like EQ2. But look at WoW. Go from Westlands to Darkshore — totally different — and then south to Stranglethorn Vale — come on. Or go all the way through Darkshore to that rocky zone (sorry can’t remember the name) to an entirely different looking zone. That’s true all OVER WoW.

It’s not like there aren’t other people who have played both games. I really liked WoW and had a lot of fun with it. But then, I liked EQ1, DAoC, FFXI Online (I didn’t mention that earlier because its combat is somewhat different, though still very similar)… I like pretty much every MMORPG unless it’s completely awful.

Anyway, your mind is made up. And that’s fine! Not every game is right for everyone. EQ2 is pretty much like LotRO which is pretty much like WoW, so no matter which you plau, you’re getting the same MMO drugs :)

4. syncaine says:

Westlands to Darkshore are indeed different zones, but the area between them acts to blend the two. Same with STV, the very top looks nothing like a jungle, its only once you pass the small little valley does it open up. It’s a minor point, but it’s never the one step, load, massive difference you get with EQ2. Ogrimmar-Ragefire is a terrible example as well, considering Ragefire is exactly what you would expect the lower levels to look like, caves.

As for epic encounters, the first two books in LoTRO are indeed epic, and Deadmines has (imo) one of the best quest chains in an MMO, down to the final battle. So yes, plenty of games offer a ‘lool ahead’ to epic content before you max out. EQ2, at least in the new evil zones, never gave me that.

The odd thing is Tipa, I loved UO, liked AC, DAoC, WoW, even had a decent time with DDO, but just never got into EQ2. I think part of that is the bar set by WoW and then LoTRO, but who knows.

Oh and Vin, my guess is I’ve played and seen far more of most MMO’s than you can imagine, so don’t act like I just stumbled upon EQ2 and expected PQ. I’m aware of how the UI works, I just don’t like parts of it, especially compared to WoW or LoTRO. And thats ok, not everyone has to like all games. Enjoy EQ2, and I’ll enjoy whatever comes along next.

5. tuvogg-splitpaw says:

sheesh, you think combat in EQ2 is slow, You should play Final Fantasy 11 for a few days :P

6. lol says:

dont let the door hit yer ass on the way out mate.

7. tipa says:

Combat in FFXI in *intense*. Timing the combos and chain pulling to keep the kill chain going for max experience. If you ever slow down in FFXI, it’s a grind, but if the group can keep up, FFXI has some of the most intense group action going. And like EQ1 but hardly any other game these days, there’s camps, which I always kinda enjoyed.

Of course, a good group getting max experience will quickly drive every creature in the area extinct, so it’s not the kind of game where you want to be too near another group. Then it is the worst grind ever made.

8. Quylein says:

If you understand the UI and how it works then how would you or why make the statement that you wouldnt want a new spell at lvl 20 or 30 and so on? So what it’s put on your hot bar, move it to where you need it. Unlike the UI’s on wow and LOTR it’s not limited by how many you can have up at anyone time.

I fail to see what your speaking about because it seems your taste are differnt overall. Im a big emmersion fan and will agree so some extent that it’s not as well done in the ealier days of 1 to 50 in the way you can zone w/ bells and area just become what they are like magic. Though alot of EOF and some other areas make it work reallly nice. One place I like even though its an instace is DFC becuase it’s Zek on the outskirts and you can see that. Kunark is the next step and I hope they go back and fix most the game like that.

9. Yeebo says:

I think it’s intersting that so many gamers like only one or two out of LoTRO/ EQ II/ WoW. They are extremely similar game in some ways. They are all hanging out pretty far in one corner of the “PvE vs PvP,” “quest based levelling versus grinding,” or “easy to pickup vs steep learning curve” axes when you look at the total MMO space. For example, EQ 1 and UO are on opposite ends of two of those axes, and EVE is on the opposite of all three.

You would think that someone that likes one or two of the “modern casual friendly quest based PvE focused fantasy MMOs” would like the other(s). Oddly, I’ve found it’s almost never the case (at least if message board rantings and blogs are any indication). It’s like digging Star Wars and Battles Star Galactica, but thinking Star Trek stinks (save that it’s common).

10. Yeebo says:

I should specify that by “grinding” in EVE, I was referring to the grind for cash.

11. spyte says:

MMO’s are a hugely subjective experience. I found LOTRO completely unengaging – but thee wasn’t anything I could really put my finger on. Tbh, I get the same kind of feeling about your EQ2 experience. There are things to criticise in there – from the uneven level progression to the huge long download – but I have never heard anyone complain about the hotbar system before. It’s fine not to like it (not that you need my permission or anyone else’s!) but Im not sure there’s much substance to your complaints.

12. wearfannypacks says:

Well, I can see you’ve incited a bit of attention. I can’t help but add my commentary.

First, I do have to say that I had problems with EQ2’s “feel” at the beginning. I couldn’t put my finger on it, but it just didn’t feel right. I stuck with it, however, and eventually grew to love it above all MMO’s. I realize most people don’t want to “grow” to love an MMO, but by doing so I think I realized why the game was hard to enjoy.

I came into EQ2 being a WoW, FFXI, and SWG player. I had one thing with all of those games I didn’t have with EQ2. I had background. I had story. I had previously invested interest in the IP. I had never played EQ1, so I went in blind. I had no connection to anything in the game.

As I played, I got to know the story and the world. I came to find that so many of the things that seemed strange at first, were that way for reasons related to the story. Sure, the makeup of the zones was odd in some places, but do you know where Norrath came from? Do you know how it got the way it did in its present state? It’s compelling. The way mobs are laid out, the factions, all the rest.

EQ2 has some of the most polished lore and story you’re going to find anywhere. It changes dynamically. The development team has learned it’s issues. They have gotten passed most of those awkward early issues.

IF you get to know the story behind EQ2, it’s compelling enough to overcome it’s small issues. If you don’t want to get into the story, then I can’t quite figure why you’re playing MMO games in the first place.

13. LadyPao says:

I think ‘wearfannypacks’ has hit on a telling subject, knowing the lore of a game will keep one engaged. I played WoW for 2 years w/o knowing much of the lore, and in an attempt to re-engage myself toward the end of my time there, I sought out a ‘lore source’ and couldn’t find one…or at least one that was co-herent. I did finally buy 7 of the background books, which gave me some of the lore, but it was so disjointed it didn’t really add much cohesion to the game for me. The writing styles and levels were so uneven, I felt like I was reading teen-angst novels. Then again, with all the ramblings, expansions, wild-ass-tears of imagination that WoW has gone through, I’m not sure co-hesion was really considered by the writing team.
    Contrast it to the Lord of the Rings – I’ve read The Hobbit, Simarillion, the Trilogy and Children of Hurin, either before starting the game, or shortly after starting it. I know what the terms Valar, Westernesse, Beleriand etc mean, and the histories of the entities/areas they refer to. So the game rings true to the lore, even tho the area of Middle Earth the action takes place in is different (so far – but now we have Goblin Town!), I can see how it relates. I know the lore, the team has stayed true to it. It makes sense for me. Tolkien was an elegant, deep writer – sometimes a bit scattered – but he sure thought of every little detail.
    I do wish that the game development teams would make the lore more easily accessible. Perhaps it’s out there on some web page, but finding it isn’t easy. It should be on the home page for the game, and please, assign a writer with writing skills above 8th grade level to its compilation please!
    I am (still) looking forward to the Pirates of the Burning Sea, as the lore comes from history, and it sure looks well researched. The book showing all the different ships and details about them just amazes me, and the geography of all the ports and their political alliances looks like a marvelous learning experience. I managed to slip into the stress test for a whole 5 minutes, and hopefully w/o violating the NDA, it looks pretty creative and tactically challenging.
    I guess I need logic and cohesion to keep me engaged in a game. I didn’t get a feel for that in my intro to EQ2 (albeit only 10 levels, but LoTRO throws you in the overarching storyline in the very first level newbie-zones, and never drops you from it, if you do the Books).
    LadyPao

14. syncaine says:

I think what I was trying to say, and perhaps failed, was that EQ2 did not suit me, not that its a bad game. Between all my EQ2 related posts, I was simply pointing out things I found odd, that ultimately added up to me not wanting to play the game.

It’s true that I have read similar posts about LoTRO or WoW or EVE, pointing out little things that I completely overlooked. As similar as Lotro/WoW/EQ might be, they are not exactly the same game, and it’s those differences that either make or break the game for people.

15. LadyPao says:

I don’ think you failed at all in expressing that the game didn’t suit you – what did seem to happen was others took it as a personal attack. Which I found…a little strange. The again, I remember how defensive I was about WoW when I was in its grips, so I guess I can understand where they might have been coming from.
    Sparked some good discussion though! Woot! *cough*
    LadyPao

16. Anonymous says:

Amazing… you wrote an entire paragraph complaining about an icon that pops up on your hotbar when you level.

17. Solidstate says:

> I’ve read The Hobbit, Simarillion

Heck if you’ve read the Silmarillion cover to cover, you can do ANY grind in WoW without breaking a sweat :D that book has to be one of the more boring books I’ve ever read (tried to read actually, I never got beyond page 50).

> Amazing… you wrote an entire paragraph complaining about an icon

Why is that amazing? People write pages complaining about icon differences between IE and Firefox or the look of the taskbar in Windows vs. Mac OS X. UI matters, doubly do in a *graphical* game. Frankly, I’m a huge WoW fan but the button bar is just plain stupid. I still remember when you had to manually update new levels of spells/abilities by dragging them from your spellbook to your taskbar.

I think the one thing I like most in WoW is that you can customize the UI to your hearts content, so now for example there are button-bar mods with unlimited buttons, multi-category buttons, round button hubs, you name it. I’ve never played EQ2 or LotRO but I’ve never heard of a similar ability (to customize the UI) in them. Do they have it?

18. LadyPao says:

@ Solidstate Thanks for the spelling correction on Silmarillion. :) That book scared me for years, I’d pick it up, scan it, think Gaaaahh! put it back….repeat a year or two later…Finally I bought it, and read it a chapter at a time. It kind of grew on me, and I found it surprisingly…lyrical, poetic…somehow elegant. I actually found the Trilogy to be worse- the unending descriptions of every rock and leaf and stream…maybe I will read it again tho, but not try to power thru it.
    As to LoTRO’s UI- I haven’t used any mods yet, and probably won’t, as the UI is serviceable for my needs. Only about 3 months (?) into the game, the team added a slider to resize the buttons and other parts of the interface. With a CTRL\ you can enter a mode where you can move all the UI elements around by dragging. Button bars are lockable, can be horizontal, or vertical, left or right. Pretty flexible. Turbine’s team is very responsive to the community (the sizing slider was a direct response to player requests), very very different from WoW. Then again, the game is still young and evolving. I don’t know about EQ2’s interface, only tried it for about 4 days, and was focused on the ‘cake’ not the ‘frosting’ (UI) so much.

LadyP.

19. Yeebo says:

Actually before I played LoTRO I had never read any Tolkien beyond Lord of the Rings and the Hobbit. During the LoTRO open beta I started re-reading the Lord of the Rings. Between that and the game I ended up reading all the Tolkien I could get my hand on, including the Sons of Hunrin (sp?) that just came out (it’s fantastic btw).

I didn’t mean to imply that EQ II/ LoTRO / and WoW are the same games. I agree, it does seem to be the “little things” that drive someone away from one and make them fanatical about another. I just wonder what it is about MMOs that make those “little things” so much more important to an average consumer than they are in most media. Maybe it’s because we become so deeply immersed in an MMO, or because we play an MMO for tens or hundreds or hours.

20. Vin says:

I have to say I LOVE Anonymous’s post! (hit the nail on the head as it were)

To me, it just shows that maybe you should take a break from all the “little things” that bother you from MMO’s and try playing a Wii.

Vin

21. Redrinn says:

You know, if you are a detail person, EQ2 will appeal to you. I know nothing of the lore, but this is what I find GREAT about EQ2:

– the spell system (yes you get free spells, but there are 7 or so levels to every spell that you can upgrade through crafting or purchasing or mob drop)
    – the fact that the same piece of epic loot will not drop repeatedly from mobs if you already have that same item in your inventory or bank – reducing the crazy nonsensicle raid grinding you see in every other MMO
    – the great variety of races and classes
    – stupid little things like that occasionally actual Treasure Chests drop from mobs, and collectibles (“shinies”) that you find scattered around that make sets you can turn in for experience

What I don’t like about EQ2? The combat – nothing nails the visceral feel of combat like WoW. But otherwise, a great MMO.

22. AthiefLegacy says:

Interesting comments and YES I agree that each gamer has a different taste. UNFORTUNATELY… this gamer has a different taste also.

BETA tested EQ1. Played Warcraft (here’s proof, refer to page X, paragraph 1, type in the first noun in sentence 3), Warcraft II, Starcraft, Diablo, DoC, Ultima Online and a few other MMORP’s.

EQ1 was the founder of REAL MMORPG’s. Sorry to burst your bubble and WoW also snagged quite a few things that you’d DEFINITELY notice if you played instead of chatted about your inability to play a game rather than having things handed to you.

I’m not a geek. I’m actually quite the opposite. In the beginning I was a console player. I thought computer games were retarded. My close friend was a computer nerd. I was the popular guy who protected his gimp behind. One day he turned me onto the gaming world. My reality hasn’t been the same since.

Prior to you TRYING to destroy me by rambling from your mom’s basement waiting for your meatloaf she so diligently cooks your adult behind, I’ll give you some backround. Aside from traveling the world and serving my country, I also play guitar, performed as an illusionist or 10 plus years, was on television for 5 years, modeled for another 2 and that’s not even a 1/10 of my life. I’ve studied martial arts for almost my entire life and NOW work on the 28th floor of a skyscraper in a big City as a Loan Officer.

To get back to gaming. ALL of the games (aside from new ones soon to be released because quite frankly they haven’t been released so we wouldn’t know) EQ2 owns the gaming industry. Take away all the 10 year olds that log into WoW and all those that CAN’T in other games but CAN in WoW (because it’s made for a five year old, too easy… 0-70 in three days) WoW wouldn’t have more than a couple hundred thousand players unlike EQ1 and EQ2 who at one time were in the over 500,000 player ratio each.

The game play for WoW IS much better… but genious, look at what you need to run it. I had it on my ancient lap top playing smoothly without issue. The reason you need such a high end system for EQ2 is because IT HAS THE BEST GRAPHICS (at this time) and THE BEST GAME PLAY. Not because Sony wants you to run out and buy a new PC everytime something comes out. It takes HIGH end everything to run the HIGH end game.

As like all the other lazy people I’ve met, you expect to have stuff simple. “I shouldn’t have to reorganize this…” or “Why is this so different? There’s no story behind it…” or “Man, I can’t win a fight and can’t get past 30, this game must suck. Screw the 400,000 other people who enjoy it and CAN play… THEY suck too! It’s not me that has no ability to do squat.”

Well, unfortunately you have to work and work hard. It took me under a month fresh into EQ2 to level to 70 and have maxed AA. WoW took me THREE days. Go figure… ANY game I’ve played (aside from the EQ’s) have been so easy that any moron would LOVE it. It takes intelligence and a strong work ethic to play this game. Sorry if you don’t have those.

If you CAN’T then you won’t. You haven’t seen anything at level 30. The fact you COULDN’T exceed level 30 is pretty obvious what caliber player you are. My friend has a 10 year old daughter who exceeded 50 in a week. I also have another player who’s OVER 50 years old who started EQ2 (and he’s got issues with his health) that leveled over 50 in roughly 3 weeks without any REAL playtime.

I do apologize if this is coming off as an attack. It’s not. Well, that’s a lie, it is. I know what you’re going to say, “I have four masters degrees, I am rich beyond belief, I have the greatest system in the world and I’m married to a movie star. I own four cars that are worth $20,000,000.00 each and a yacht. I have three homes and I am SO rich that I pay my entire families bills for everything.” Ya da ya da ya da. It’s cool. Just stop TRYING to point out little things that (as it seems and you stated in your last paragraph) nobody else seems to notice.

Upon release of Kunark, I dinged 80 and am almost maxed on my AA’s again. I play about 3 hours a day after work, working out, going to the store to shop. Then after those three hours I make love to my woman and get up at 5 am to do it all again. Please feel free to insult my life because seriously, envy is a wonderful weapon that backfires more than less.

23. syncaine says:

Nieco if you wrote that, grade A man. Shit was too funny.

24. Kurrgan says:

I have to agree, first off the bullshit of even trying to get the Trial Download. took days to download, and no mention of what point in the download you actually are or how big the end file will be. That being said.

I’ve come from 6 months of Lord Of The Rings Online. an awesome game, til you get one character to 50 and XP stops, then it seems pointless, cause you just have the same quests all over again with a different character, that and the eternal Gold Spamming. Graphically/Gameplay/Interface wise so far i’ve found it far superior to WOW or EQ2. Just my opnion.

Been playing WOW the past few days aswell and though the graphics aren’t impressive to me the gameplay is very similar to LOTRO, as it should be given it was out first and LOTRO probably took the ideas and made a different game.

The character choices in WOW and EQ2 are good i’ll give em that, but the customisation of said characters suck ass, they all end up looking like minda’s.

Leveling up and upgrading skills is much easier/better in both WOW and EQ2

K now onto the gameplay, being use to icons indicating roughly where ya mean to be going and automated stuff like clicking on someone talks to or auto attacks em, rather than having to go through menu’s to do everything, i’m probably biased the game just seems too much like hard work, sure the idea is the same as every other and the whole only being able to attack one thing at a time yet you get attacked by multiiple things is something plagued by both WOW and EQ2.

Vendors don’t sell antyhing usefull, then again same goes with LOTRO. least WOW has some usefull items.

EQ2 just seems like an amateuristic/unfinished version of the other 2. Sure it may have improved over the past few yrs, and i was looking for something to tide me over til i got the itching to do LOTRO again full time, but i’m not gonna be paying $15 a month for something thats so clunky.

EQ2 is the grand daddy of the 3, barely. and if it’s vastly improved over the past 3 yrs, i hate to think how shit it was to start with.

All power to people who enjoy it and are willing to look past the rough edges.